November 17, 2008

The Man Who Can't be Moved

The first time I heard the song “The man who can’t be moved” I thought it was Keane singing “Somehwere only we know” .But then I learned that it’s a song from an Irish band named The Script. You can’t deny the similarity in the vocals and the melody. I was about to dismiss this song as another rip off but the song kinda grew on me esp. when I intently listened to the lyrics. The song reminded me of a music video from Radiohead..damn forgot the title but it was about a guy who suddenly laid down in the middle of the street and was causing a disturbance and people were wondering why he was lying and they tried to convince him to get up but he wouldn’t. At the end of the video everybody was lying in the street including the policeman. It was cool. It made me think of possible reasons why they would lie in the middle of the street esp. when the song has nothing to do with it. It was one of the best music video …now I remember…Just was the title of the song. Anyways, back to the song The man who can’t be moved. The song is about a brokenhearted man who was hoping that the girl would come back to him so he stayed in the corner of the street where they last meet…blah blah blah. It’s pretty straightforward but it appeals to the romantic in me and it’s kinda cool so I’m gonna download the other songs from The Script. Check their song and see if it has the same effect on you as it has on me :)

Watch the video of the song here

5 retrospection:

Unknown said...

I love this song too!

Raine said...

@migs: the song's really nice :)

Anonymous said...

This is one of my current favorite song too. :)

Raine said...

hey that makes 3 of us :)

splitzapper said...

radiohead song that you're referring to = just
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5X7HKxpiQA