April 21, 2007

Prison Break




I just finished having my Prison Break marathon. I had fever for two days which gave me enough time to watch the show uninterrupted. The show is about a Structural Engineer, Michael Scofield (Wenworth Miller) who went to prison to break his brother Lincoln Burrows(Dominic Purcell) out. Lincoln is on death row after being framed for the death of the vice president’s brother. The brothers later realized that it wasn’t just a simple frame up but they are up against a bigger conspiracy which involves high ranking officials of the government and major corporations. The show has an interesting plot with characters you love and hate at the same time and sprinkled with prison humor and wit. The show actually seems like a long and extended version of the movie The Fugitive. I don’t recommend this TV series to anybody who has a weak heart or have high blood pressure because of those suspenseful moments. The show is melodramatic, contains graphic scenes and contains more questions than answers. The show was off to a slow start but the pace picked up in the latter part on to the second season. That’s when you realize the brilliance of Michael’s plan. However, it seemed to me that the protagonists got away not because of the brilliant plan but because of pure luck, friends showing up at the right time and antagonists who have a change of heart at the last minute. Okay I admit one main reason I watch the show was because of Wenthworth Miller. I now share my cousin’s obsession with him. He is soooo ….yummy. He kinda reminds me of Elijah Woods but less the Frodo-ness with those intense eyes and edible lips. One look at him and …okay this calls for another post entirely devoted to Wentworth. Oh well, with or without Wentworth, I’m hooked enough to the show to look forward to the third season which I heard will also be the last.

11 retrospection:

Jan said...

Tingin pa lang, ulam na.

Major YUM.

Raine said...

@jae:yeah,he's worth going to prison for LOLS

Alternati said...

I first saw Wentworth Miller in Mariah Carey's video of "We Belong Together"... and I said... "Who the heck is that scrumptilicious guy???"

That's when I discovered Prisonbreak. It's a real good show, My movie comparison of it was Eastwoods' Alcatraz. Did you know Wentworth is half black, half white? just like Mariah Carey... ok useless factoid.

Raine said...

@alternati:he was also on the it's like that vid on the end part. really now? i didn't know that..he doesn't look like one.

Psyche said...

Oh well, with or without Wentworth, I’m hooked enough to the show to look forward to the third season .... >>>> now this is kinda lie little girl..hahahahahahaha

and yes when we went out for a vacation our last day was spent watching this series...hahahaha. mao nang wala natiwas among laag lagi!

Raine said...

@psyche:nyahaha i didn't know i was that obvious

Anonymous said...

hi raine, thanks for dropping by my blog. you commented on an oldie post, how did you find it anyway? hehehe...

soooo, can a preggy girl like me watch prison break? it's been waiting for us to watch it but we always lack time. we even have a hard time catching up with Lost and Heroes.. Futurama pa... then blogging... hayyy =)

Anonymous said...

oh prison break! i have that also on dvd along with greys anatomy! anyways just paying a link ex responsibility.... hehe... :P paupd8 pla ng link ko sa brainfreeze.co.nr coz i prefer using that one. ty :P

Raine said...

@daisy:thanks for dropping back.i won't recommend PB considering your condition...charing parang doctor hehehe.lurve heroes...lurve it more than PB :)

@xyryx:been planning to watch grey's too and yeah updated your link and thanks for fulfilling your responsibility hehehe can't access your site though :-/

Anonymous said...

i'll take your advice then. thanks doc! =)

Raine said...

@daisy:i'll send you the bill hehehe