April 16, 2007

Moonpools and Caterpillars

For lack of anything better to write I’m gonna continue featuring bands or music that I love. I’m a 90’s hanger on so mostly 90’s alternative music and other obscure acts or new bands that catches my fancy. But this time I’ll share the mp3s just to continue spreading the love and cheers that have come my way. I’ll try to make this a weekly thing … that is if I won’t get lazy O:-)

I would like to reintroduce (coz you’ve more than likely heard of them from somewhere and it’s really a shame if you haven’t) everyone to Moonpools and Caterpillars. This band made it big during mi-90s. A friend just asked me for an MP3 of Soon that’s why I thought of this band. Moonpools is a Filipino American band based in Glendale, California. The band is composed of Kimi Ward Encarnacion ( vocals), Jay Jay Encarnacion(guitars), Tim De Pala(bassist) and Gugut Salgado(drummer) They have released a couple of albums commercially but I love Lucky Dumpling(1995,Elektra) the most. Lucky Dumpling is an album that can assure one of an eargasmic experience. Listening to their songs makes me a bit giddy and melancholic at times. They are that versatile. Their songs are perfect for long drives during these hot summer days or for lounging during rainy nights. I myself prefer it as an upper during mornings or sometimes when I feel like tripping down HS memory lane .My personal favorites from this album are Soon, Ren and Hear.

9 retrospection:

Anonymous said...

you are here na
http://countess.deviantart.com/

and here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7738133@N07

y not coconut

Raine said...

@leigh:thanks girl:)

Alternati said...

Finally!

SOmeone else besides me and my friends who has heard of Moonpools! I love Ren too, but my fave is Trampling Rose.

Raine said...

@alternati:they were quite popular at my side of the planet way back in 90s but i guess people have forgotten about em. Trampling rose is cool too :)

Anonymous said...

i love moonpools! :) gusto ko rin 10,000 maniacs. :D

Raine said...

@karol:yeah love natalie merchant too, magkaboses sila ni kimi minsan

alphalpha said...

hello. thanks for uploading this album!!! :) i've been looking for torrents of this for quite a while now. thank you thank you!!! :)

Anonymous said...

any way you could put this up again? Link seems to be out of date! Much appreciated!

Anonymous said...

Looks like I found this a couple years late. I too love Moonpools and Caterpillars! I happened upon them sometime in the early to mid 90s at a show in Cincinnati at this little dive (I think it's called) Top Hats where I went to see a band called The Mourning which a couple of my friends played in. It just happened that Moonpools and Caterpillars were playing too. Kimi came out like a little bunch of firecrackers all going off at the same time and the band rocked out. They were AWESOME! Kimi was so nice and came over to talk to some of the members from the other band (I was sitting with them). I ran out the next day and bought their CD. I STILL listen to it! Of course now that I'm "old" (according to my 2 kids I've had since the show), I'm just "weird." That makes me smile and be so thrilled! Let me be half as eccentric as this band and I'll be such a happy woman! Oh please let M&C rejoin and tour again!!! Lisa from Batavia, OH