April 13, 2007

Fun Climb

I never felt the need to challenge myself physically. I am not a physially active person.I was born lousy and lazy. Yes, I love traveling and going on adventures. I even wrote down climbing Mt. Apo on my wish list and almost got to do it around the same time last year but it never materialized due to circumstances beyond my control. But deep inside I know that I’ll never do it. I’ve long accepted the fact that it will never be a reality, no climbs in this lifetime. I just don’t have the gumption to do it, I am a wimp. I just love wishing. I’m only good in paper. I am a dreamer not a realist. I firmly believe that humans are made to be perpendicularly aligned to the earth’s surface except when sleeping or when dead. I don’t feel the desire to defy gravity thus I fall in love easily hahhaa whatta a line! Anyways, looking back the most physically exhausting thing I ever did was the wheelbarrow position when I had the PMT Officer training in HS where we jogged, dropped like a log and did push ups, squats, jumping jack and etc. But that time I was still young and the desire to boss around the bullies on my class was so overwhelming so i went through with it. I didn’t even attend the Girl’s Scout camping in elementary even if I was the Patrol Leader because they wouldn’t let me bring my mom along :) I went to the gym once to accompany a friend. I have walked several kilometers on solid ground. There was also a time when we had an exposure trip during college where we need to climb a small mountain. Basically that’s it. However for friendship’s sake (because she begged me and i can't say no) I’ll be going on a fun climb/hike/whatever with a friend and 8 other strangers to Tamayong/Mt. Talomo tomorrow. I actually have no clear idea where we will go. I put my trust on my friend that she will carry me when I can no longer walk. I just pray to God that it would indeed be "fun" and that there will be no hanging or makeshift bridges or snakes or tikbalangs or enkantos or…hahay Good luck na lang sa akin! :-/

5 retrospection:

tina said...

naku dont lose hope!!! you can climb.. exercise/training lang!! ako din i dream of climbing... mount apo... what being here at davao..? grab the chance. my mom says.. i have to start exercising now.. (napaka negative ni mama sa dream kong mag climb.. kasi sabi nya i have to practice for a year daw...)

anyway.. be blessed sa climb nyo!! stay safe.. and enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

hahaha... finally you get to see Legolas in the mountains.
uy... this will be your chance to redeem yourself, getting out of your comfort zone... will you be having fun? i know you will....
waiting for your pics! :)

Raine said...

@tina:i'm all for the 1 year preparation, sabay tayo hahaha

@carey:on the last minute, scarlet came and my mom discouraged me to continue but i'm positive they will have fun,i'll send you their pictures hahaha

Jan said...

I'm envious. Really. As you know, that Lenten climb at Guadalupe only was my recent scaling moment. Hihi. But I do dream of witnessing a sunrise in Mt. Apo. Bai and I will conquer it, someday. :D

Glad your legs are your bestfriends like me. Let's cover some miles when I get there. ;)

Raine said...

@jae:i've decided to stay true to my lazy,lousy and wimpy nature. I have extinguished the desire to climb or trek,i guess my calling was never to conquer the highest mountains but swim the deepest sea but first i gotta learn how to swim LOLS