March 23, 2007

Lost and Found

I told my friend Ruby that I think I’m really getting old because I’ve become forgetful. I tell the same story, repeat myself when talking or leave things behind. She reassured me that it happens to her too and it's not forgetfulness but just being preoccupied. That kinda lifted my spirits a bit but something happened that made me doubt her words. Yesterday we ate at the mall and then window shopped afterwards. I was surprised to receive a phonecall from my dad. He said that somebody found my wallet, got my phone number from one of my ID cards and called home and that I can claim my wallet from the Security Guard of the mall. I thought at first that it was some prank coz I didn’t even know that I lost my wallet.So I frantically searched my bag to check my and found out it was really gone. I must have left it at the food court where we ate. So I hurried over to the mall’s office and claimed my wallet. They were dubious at first if I was really the owner coz they were expecting a male coz of the Junior in my name plus the ID picture was a bit blurry and I had short hair then. But then I had another ID in my bag and showed it to them. They told me that the janitor found my wallet and gave it to the guard. I checked all the content and it was all in tact. I was really relieved to have my wallet back though I really wasn’t worried about losing money coz it did not contain any except for a dollar hahaha I am so clumsy and disorganized that when I receive cash I just stash it anywhere in my bag. I offered money to the guard but she refused since she said it was all part of their job. I asked for her name, she told me to call her Ate Lina and we chatted for a while then we bid goodbye. When I went home that night I didn’t just found my wallet back but I now have an Ate Lina to look after the things I leave behind within the vicinity of the mall hehehe and I found a renewed faith in people. Honest people still exist. They’re no myth after all.
But I am really becoming forgetful or preoccupied or whatever :-(

2 retrospection:

Anonymous said...

me too, i forgot to bring the pasalubong for my bro's family on our way to cebu, we had to go back after few kilometers to get them in our house. it really ruined my day coz we were in a hurry for our trip and we were delayed bcoz of my being so absent-minded. one time, i forgot my passport at bangkok airport, good thing somebody gave it to the lost and found section. i was teary-eyed when i got it back :( i guess, the major cause is having lots of things on your mind. no, not getting old! (deny pa gyud) hehhehe...

Raine said...

@carey:apir! yes forgetting is such a nuisance at times and just the other night, i forgot to take out my disposable contact lens while sleeping, i could get blind with that right? i must really do something about this, drink some vitamins or something :-)