January 13, 2009

August Rush


I just watched August Rush on DVD last weekend. My friend George gave me a copy of it a couple months before but I forgot to watch it. Blow saw it recently on HBO and said the movie was great including the soundtrack. So finally last week I watched it and I wasn’t disappointed. The movie exceeded my expectations because it’s about one of my favorite things in the world…music. The movie was released last 2007 and it stars Keri Russell (Felicity), Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Freddie Highmore and Robin Williams.

The story of a charismatic young Irish guitarist and a sheltered young cellist who have a chance encounter one magical night above New York's Washington Square, but are soon torn apart, leaving in their wake an infant, August Rush, orphaned by circumstance. Now performing on the streets of New York and cared for by a mysterious stranger, August uses his remarkable musical talent to seek the parents from whom he was separated at birth.-IMDB
The movie is a bit of a modern fairytale and greatly reminds me of Oliver Twist. It’s inspiring, heartwarming and has a cool soundtrack. This is my favorite line from the movie spoken by Wizard (played by Robin Williams) which for me captures the essence of the movie"You know what music is? God's little reminder that there's something else besides us in this universe, a harmonic connection between all living beings, every where, even the stars."

Rating:

0 retrospection: