June 8, 2007

Back to the Cave

I’m officially going back to the cave! I just enrolled for MBA at my alma mater and will be starting on June 16. My boss has agreed that I will be excused from work every Saturdays but would make it up on the other days. I've been planning to enroll for quite some time that i've even forgotten why i wish to enroll in the first place. Anyways, the whole enrollment, exam, interview process has been quite an experience specifically revisting our old school. There have been a lot of changes in our school but essentially it’s still the same. I feel very nostalgic just walking around the campus…walking past those places we used to frequent. Expecting to see old faces and hearing familiar voices. I had fun during college and I miss it. I miss the controlled environment. I miss the idealism of youth. I miss being shielded from the real world. I miss not making decisions for myself. I miss not making plans because everything is carefully laid out. Exam at 8:00 at R303 and Oral recitation at 4:00 pm. And you know that come October you’ll finish first sem and enroll for 2nd sem and that next year you’ll be a sophomore and so and so forth. Unlike now where everyday is routinary yet you have to decide where life will bring you. As I was going through this whole thing…tripping down the campus and memory lane, The Allegory of the cave by Plato came to mind. I don’t know why. I actually forgot the real interpretation of that article but allow me to liken the cave to the school where I only saw a disfigured version of the real world. And now that I got out and saw the world for what it is…I wanted to crawl back to the cave. My life hasn’t been particularly cruel but I’ve always wanted the easy way out in anything and freedom or free will is such a double edged sword. I just feel need to escape sometimes.Mmmm if only I can really go back to school and quit my job and just concentrate on schooling.
Anyway, despite all these dramas I’m actually pretty excited to go back to school …buy more notebooks and school stuffs and of course learn new things and meet new people :)

3 retrospection:

Anonymous said...

wow...MBA ha. :) that's a good career move, it would give you more stuff to blog about (i think so)...and of course, a good place to practice your networking skills.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to school, Raine. :)

Raine said...

@carey:hahaha you made it sound like i took mba just to have something to blog about j/k yes networking...definitely :)

@jae:thanks jae ;)