May 12, 2007

Houses

I’ve always been fascinated with houses. Not with their aesthetic features but mostly about the story they could tell. I love the way they tickle my imagination and seems to talk to me. I love to while away time while staring out of the window of the car while traveling or while walking. I would make up stories about the house and the lives of the people inside. Some houses are sad and could tell stories that could break my heart. Of their spacious walls that never echoed laughter. Or the beautifully trimmed lawn never graced by butterflies. Some houses just give me the creeps. Those are my least favorite house. The kind that gives you goose bumps even in broad daylight. My favorite kind of house is those that seem to smile at me. A house that stretches an open hand to strangers. Houses that seem to beckon a wary traveler onto its safe and warm abode.

Like this house that we always pass by every time we go to one of the company farms in Toril. I’ve been dying to get a snap shot of it but only got the chance last Tuesday. I love this house because it is simple and small yet it gives me good vibes plus it offers a panoramic view of our city. I wish I could own a house like this someday.

Houses always hold a special place in my heart esp. those houses that we used to live in. I’ve been in and out of so many now. Houses that not only provided me shelter but become silent witness to my joys and pains. Houses that held the memories of my childhood and still holds a part of me. Houses that will always stay with me but sadly cannot be revisited again. Houses that ceased to be my home but continues to be my haven.

6 retrospection:

jon said...

I love houses too. I can appreciate them in all shapes and sizes. When I went back to Angeles where I grew up, I found the house where I used to live. It was very emotional for me. Not in a sad way, but a very "this is where i started" sort of way. I was very proud and happy to have found it.

Raine said...

yeah i can relate to that. it's weird seeing your old house repainted and inhabited by strangers,i think i can almost sense our old house accusing me of betrayal or something like that :)

p said...

when you stay too long in a place, you become that place. when the family got the house (we're staying on), people said it was ugly. now, visitors say it's presko.

Anonymous said...

and that' why i always cry when we move. when i was stil younger, we move from one place to another.. and t'was really hard for me, i missed my room(s) a lot.. and the house(s) too

Anonymous said...

we used to live in Cebu, in an old apartment, since college days and until i worked there... last time we went to visit Cebu, we would pass by that bldg, and I would always look at it wondering who the new owners are and how they liked it. it just brings back memories...

howdy rainey? you've been out for a long time now. :)

Raine said...

@TPB:yeah i agree with that..so you mean you are presko too? hahaha kidding

@cai:same here, i miss my old rooms, my old haunts *sigh*

@carey:yes and do you also wonder if they're treating the house well? been busy but i'm back :)