May 28, 2007

The mystery of the Prank Caller

Last year I blogged about a certain prank caller bugging me and my college classmates. Calling and sending sms messages pretending to be me and some of my classmates and asking for info about our batch. We haven’t heard from her for quite sometime when again last month my classmate Che told me that the girl called her up and said that she was my cousin and badly needed my number. Che just ignored her and then last week she texted Che and said that she was my sister. Che and I laughed it off because we both know that I have no sister. Anyways, we have a few suspects as to who’s behind these pranks and we never really took it seriously. We just thought that the person just get kicks out of puzzling us. But as fate would have it, we were able to uncover the real culprit last Saturday. Ruby, Agnes, Paolo and me (it happens that we are all classmates) were eating when we saw some schoolmates. These schoolmates then asked us if we know a person named Minerva. We asked why and then they told us that this person even after 7 years out of college holds some grievance against our batch. She claims that we made fun or her during college and got in the way of her romance with our classmate Glomark. Her name didn’t ring any bell nor her picture. Agnes then suggested that this person might be the prank caller so we checked her number and it was a match. I had goose bumps when we confirmed it was her. Because now the unknown number has a face and is a real person. A person whom we have no clue even exist yet knows a lot of things about us. A person who holds some kind of twisted grievance against us. A person who seems to be sick and lives just within the city. We wanted to reach out to this person so we could clarify things up coz as far as we know we didn’t do her harm to warrant this kind of hatred. However, we are also afraid to make contact with her since she might be capable of harm. We’re still planning how to approach her while hoping that in time she’ll heal and be able to let go of the past.

9 retrospection:

Jan said...

That woman's totally off her rocker. Seven years and not over a failed romance you say? Notify the police. That's definitely one madwoman. Hehehe.

On the flip side though, stalkers are so twistedly entertaining at times, aren't they? *wink, wink*

Raine said...

@jae:she really is considering that we never had any direct contact with her..we're seriously considering notifying the police so she would stop bothering us.toink.

Anonymous said...

creepy naman yan. go, report na sa police!!! :D

Raine said...

@karol:oo nga eh :-/

Psyche said...

now that's what you call a madwoman!

Anonymous said...

oooooohh sounds creepy... what if, (what if lang ha, fiction only, just to add some twist), the person is long dead? haha parang the grudge and adventure nio! anyways i'm bored so don't mind me... just paying a link ex responsibility! ciao!

Raine said...

@psyche:yeah tis quite sad actually

@xyryx:that possibility also entered our minds when we were guessing who the culprit is, feeling naman nasa I know what you did last summer na movie hehehe

Anonymous said...

mmmm, that happened to me and my classmates in high school too...we haven't figured out who's the culprit though.
want to help us nancy? hehe

Raine said...

@meow:talaga lang ha?so madami na pala may topak ngayon... di naman tayo classmate di ba? hehehe anyways,in time you'll find out who that person is :)