May 21, 2007

Dexter

I just finished watching season one of another series…Dexter. Nope not Dexter’s Lab from cartoon network though I also love that show ;) This is a new series from Showtime which premiered last October 1, 2006. Unfortunately it’s not yet shown here and was only able to watch it from torrent downloads. The show is based from the character of the novel Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay. The story is about Dexter(Michael C. Hall ) who works as a forensic analyst specializing in bloodstain pattern analysis for the Miami-Dade Police Department. Dexter apart from his day job is a serial killer at night who was able to control his urge and only kill those who have wronged the law. He’s some sort of a vigilante in a darker and twisted sense because he likes to make his victim suffer and he enjoys the blood and collects a sample from each of his victim. At first I find the show creepy because of all that gore but I’m always fascinated with mysteries and psychological thriller so I began to really enjoy the show. It’s a different kind of thrill to watch a show from the point of view of a serial killer and not from the crime solver. The show is really interesting with colorful characters and really unpredictable and solid plot. The entire season one was a total blast but don’t just take my word for it. I guess the IGN awards they won for Best New Show, Best Actor, Best Villain, Best Character and numerous other awards and nominations speaks for itself.

4 retrospection:

Avat@r said...

blood! the mere sight of it sends tingles down my spine...hahaha loved that show :)

Raine said...

@george:love it too...thanks for recommending :)

jon said...

ACK! I hate to admit that I like the show a LOT. I'm afraid I'm going to need therapy after season 1.

Raine said...

@jon:why jon do you feel the compulsion to kill somebody? LOLS