January 15, 2010

Siesta

I love the splendor of the sunrise and the majestic hues of the sunset. However my favorite time of the day is not during these times. I love it when the sun is not trying to show off its amazing colors but when it’s just sitting quietly with its warm orange-y glow. I love midday or the time after lunch when the world (warm areas that is) is feeling drowsy after a heavy meal and the warm temperature. Siesta time for most Filipinos whether they’re at home or at the office. I remember when I was still elementary and I would go home around lunch during the exam week. It feels so peaceful walking along the streets and houses where most children are asleep and parents are at work. It is the time of the day when I feel most relaxed because I have nothing to do except watch TV, play and nap. Now that I’m working, I still try to get my power nap during lunch break.

Siesta

Anyways, when I was trying out the 50mm f1.8 lens (which doesn’t autofocus on D40 by the way) I was looking for subjects to shoot and when I went outside the house, I saw the sleeping cats in our dirty kitchen and took pictures of them. The pictures look lousy but it did trigger some nostalgic memories of those warm afternoons thus I decided to post them. This is my first photo set…hopefully there are more to follow and hopefully-er I’d be good at this.

0 retrospection: